Early Academic Outreach Program (EAOP) prepares students for admissions to the University of California. Academic preparation and curriculum advising are important components in EAOP services. EAOP representatives help students plan their high school course schedule, encouraging them to challenge themselves and go beyond the minimum requirements. They also monitor student performance, provide support and assistance when needed, and meet with students and their families.
EAOP students improve basic academic skills, master advance high school curriculum, and have the opportunity to participate in university research projects.
EAOP students are prepared for taking the college entrance exams necessary for eligibility to selective colleges and universities like UC.
EAOP students receive an Individual Academic Plan (IAP) and ongoing advising to ensure that they successfully complete the required ‘A-G’ course expectations.
EAOP student, their families, and educators in EAOP schools receive timely, appropriate, and necessary information to prepare for a postsecondary education.
A UCI student is at partner school sites regularly every week to talk to students. Students have the opportunity to learn first-hand what it’s like to be a UCI student and get college questions answered. More specifically, services include:
- Academic Preparation
- One-on-one Academic Advising
- Transcript Analysis and Academic Course Planning
- Direct Access to College & Career Information
- UCI Field Trips
- SAT/ACT Preparation
- Help with Applications
- Financial Aid
- UC Application
- Personal Insight Questions
All programs and services are FREE!!
- Be enrolled in an EAOP partnership school.
- Be willing and eager to commit to the program until high school graduation.
- Actively strive to maintain a 3.0 GPA (lower than a B average is means for dismissal)
- Actively strive to improve performance in A-G courses.
- Participate in at least two EAOP activities per year.
EAOP increases the admissions competitiveness of all eligible students to the University of California.
EAOP will stay with you every step of the way until high school graduation!